After a long day for staff, teams, and competitors on Wednesday, the on-track action Thursday would go off without any issues. ROKKERs kicked off their morning with a pair of practice sessions before the ROK Vegas Presented by Radical Cup Drivers Briefing. The afternoon featured qualifying as ROK Vegas Pole Positions were assigned and winners were awarded the ever-important inside front-row starting position for their respective classes and their OMP Pole Position Award.
Dan Wheldon Ambassador Award
During the ROK Vegas Drivers Briefing, the annual Dan Wheldon Ambassador Award was handed out to none other than Bonnier Moulton. The Dan Wheldon Ambassador Award is presented to one deserving member. Past recipients of the award include Jim Russell Jr., Alan Rudolph, Jorge Arellano, Ben Cooper, Garett Potter, David Cole, Gary Carlton and, most recently, Mike Speed.
Launched by Formula Kart Productions’ Bill Wright and continued by RTD Media and Mike Maurini, the 2022 Dan Wheldon Karting Ambassador Award Winner recipient simply needed to be a member of the karting industry, in general. Although drivers are the most prominent part of any series, success in karting requires groups of individuals including parents, tuners, mechanics, coaches, team managers, business owners, importers, track owners, and event promoters.
To become a well-known name in karting, it takes time, effort and a work ethic that is second to none. The 2022 recipient of the Dan Wheldon Ambassador Award is not only driver himself, but a mechanic, driver coach, business owner, and he once dabbled in track design. This year’s winner is also a familiar face in several paddocks both locally, regionally, and nationally and you can usually catch him with a smile no matter what the outcome of his or his drivers on track results.
Always one to have a good time when warranted, but down to business when needed, he is a successful kart shop owner and one who is always spreading his knowledge to the youth of the sport. Through the MSquared Karting operation in Salt Lake City, his family-owned business has been the backbone of the sport in that region for decades. What sets this recipient apart from others, is the deep of knowledge of the sport and the willingness to work with drivers of all ages, on and off the track, to become a better person and karter. He also spent a few seasons as a columnist and photographer for KartSport Magazine during his spare time, putting his direct approach towards the betterment of karting to ink for the public to view.
Racing karts since 1993, this deserving recipient of the Dan Wheldon Ambassador Award is a two-time Rock Island Grand Prix champion in addition to being a three-time winner of the SuperNationals. Not yet a ROK Vegas winner, we hope that one day we can pull him away from the wrenches to watch his talents at work. Congratulations again to Bonner Moulton.
- Ernesto Rivera – Rolison Performance Group – 51.277
- Stephen Eisert – SpeedSense Motorsports – 51.432
- Jesus Vasquez – Nash Motorsportz – 51.441
- Caleb Gafrarar – Rolison Performance Group – 51.506
- Christian Cameron – Speed Concepts Racing – 51.534
- Caleb Shrader – Rolison Performance Group – 51.088
- Jeremy Fletcher – Ryan Perry Motorsports – 51.091
- Laurentiu Mardan – Techno Kart USA – 51.185
- Chase Jones – MPG Motorsports – 51.251
- Alan Isambard – ANSA Motorsports – 51.257
- Isaac Malcuit – MMR – 55.080
- Gage Korn – Race Factory – 55.193
- Carson Weinberg – Speed Concepts Racing – 55.207
- Tyrone Kemper Jr. – PSL Karting – 55.215
- Turner Brown – Speed Concepts Racing – 55.249
- Matthew Hamilton – Aluminos Racing – 47.829
- Jordon Musser – PSL Karting – 48.082
- Antonio Pizzonia Jr. – Orsolon Racing – 48.082
- Alan Morte – Ron White Racing – 48.100
- Neil Joseph – Gary Carlton Racing – 48.206
- Zachary Claman-DeMelo – Racing Edge Motorsports – 49.250
- Mattheus Morgatto – AM Racing Team – 49.290
- Frankie Mossman – Team Benik – 49.318
- Marijn Kremers – PSL Karting – 49.320
- Diego Ramos – PSL Karting – 49.419
- Renato David – Orsolon Racing – 49.979
- Derek Wang – Ruthless Karting – 50.408
- Eric Molinatti – Ron White Racing – 50.586
- William Isaias – International Motorsports – 50.659
- Billy Cleavelin – Speed Concepts Racing – 50.732
- Michael McGaughy – Ryan Perry Motorsports – 56.468
- Royce Vega – Team Benik – 56.567
- Rocco Simone – Parolin USA – 56.611
- Alex Procuna – Parolin USA – 56.625
- Tristan Murphy – Ryan Perry Motorsports – 56.648
- Sebastian Wheldon – JC Karting – 50.009
- Ernesto Rivera – Rolison Performance Group – 50.110
- Caleb Gafrarar – Rolison Performance Group – 50.126
- Jorge Ortiz – Speed Concepts Racing -–50.202
- Steven Miller – Chad Dokken Racing – 50.223
- Ben Cooper – Rolison Performance Group – 52.229
- Laurentiu Mardan – Tecno Kart USA – 52.257
- Charlie Fonseca – AM Racing – 52.309
- Matt Johnson – Nash Motorsportz – 52.425
- Adam Kasick – FDM – 52.445
- AJ Myers – Magik Kart USA – 46.983
- Billy Musgrave – Factory Karts – 47.126
- Remo Ruscitti – Catalyst Driver Development – 47.156
- Davide Greco – PSL Karting – 47.217
- Jake French – PSL Karting – 47.276
All results unofficial at time of posting.
With OMP Pole Position awards handed out, it is time to go racing tomorrow. Tune in tomorrow to catch the first and second heat races for all classes with heats three and four on Saturday. For ROK Vegas Presented by Radical Cup Results – Click HERE.